Warning: Use of undefined constant have_posts - assumed 'have_posts' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /data/16/1/13/131/1828783/user/1983499/htdocs/wp-content/themes/bridgesfc/single.php on line 3

Bridges 1 KOGE 1

Koge, Denmark – Facing their second game in as many days, Bridges took to the field against newly promoted HB KOGE.  Formerly Herfolge, KOGE won promotion into Denmark’s Superligen, starting this coming Sunday.  With a start time mix up, Bridges were only allowed a brief warm up before taking the pitch.  Though it took a few minutes for both teams to get into their rhythm, the change in start did not affect Bridges as Marco Sullo found the net in the 13th minute.  A good build up from the midfield found Joel DeLass moving forward.  Seeing Sullo into space, DeLass played the midfielder in who beat his man tucking the ball away for both a goal and a Bridges lead.  “It was nice to score pretty early, especially with all of the game we have had lately,” noted Sullo. “Joel played a good ball through and I was able to finish and get us the lead.”

Not to be embarrassed at home, KOGE looked to attack often as the newly promoted side moved well and were able to maintain some quality possession.  In the 25th minute, a KOGE midfielder found himself alone with the ball in the area after a cross was unable to be cleared.  With just enough time, he was able to scoop the ball past Bridges keeper Nemanja Kostic.  KOGE continued to press but offered no real dangerous chances as shots were either fired well wide of frame or directly at Kostic.

The second half saw some fresh legs for Bridges as they looked to leave KOGE with a victory.  With new legs themselves, KOGE created a long run in the 58th minute, only to see the strike sail wide.  KOGE’s best chance of the second half was created by a foul on account of the visitors.  Placed 25 yards out and to the right of goal, the KOGE midfielder struck left where keeper Brian Levey made a diving hold to his right.

For Bridges, chances in the 55th and 71st minutes saw through balls almost find strikers Leslie Osei and Desmond Tachie but were snatched at the last second by the Danish keeper.   Bridges’ best second half opportunity came in the 64th minute as Sullo played a free kick into the area.  Both Drew DeGurian and the KOGE keeper went for the ball, with it eventually landing at Kieren Keane’s foot.  Keane looked to sneak one past the keeper, but his strike went high of the bar.  With neither side creating many dangerous chances in the final 10 minutes, full time was reached with a final score of 1-1. Bridges will get an off day before heading to Lyngyby on Thursday for an 11:30 start.

partner clubs

Chicago Sockers Logo HB Koge Logo